Saturday, October 18, 2014

I don't know what to say

A laughter a day they say 
Could keep the sickness away 
To smile and wonder 
Can create such a blunder 
Avoid the mad, the sad, and the bad
And to just be glad 

My tears lose their meaning 
As more and more are seamlessly leaving 
Choked up in my own words
How wondrous a mind can be without cords 
I close my eyes and I count to three 
Soon I escape to a vast land of trees 
If only there was a possibility 
That one day I could expand this probability 

To be open and accept those 
Who are waiting to be close 
But instead they are placed aside 
Hoping that they would soon glide 
So I wouldn't have to manage 
The fact that one day they don't have to deal with my baggage 
Endless fights that keep me awake 
Of what could of been if I stopped being fake 

Pieces of me scream I can do it 
Though other times I'm left with a pit
How can someone be so happy 
But also feel so crappy 
If life were to give us answers instead of lemons 
Would we be content with the lessons 

So many questions 
Yet I cannot seem to get any explanations
So as of now I remain as myself 
And that someday my life will be found on a shelf 

This poem I wrote last night around 9 PM and at first it all started with the intention of writing a poem. The idea didn't come to me until I started writing, and everything just happened to spill. I called this poem, "I don't know what to say" because lately that is what I have been replying to. I have these moments where you have the words at the tip of your tongue and it's not that you're being inconsiderate but the words aren't there. Well these are the thoughts I have when that happens. I have stories, I just don't know where to begin.

What ways do you use to express yourself?



xx Chavelita 

No comments:

Post a Comment